UK Sole Representative Visa

Sole Representative Visa - UK

The Sole Representative Visa is an Overseas Business visa category. It is for businesses that would like to send a senior employee to the UK in order to establish a commercial presence for the company in the UK. You will need to have a genuine business which is based outside of the UK and hold not more than 50% of the shares in the business.

Your initial Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa will normally be valid for 3 years, after which time you will be able to extend your stay for a further two years.
After five years in the UK as a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business, you may be eligible to apply for settlement.
Your partner and any children under the age of 18 may accompany or join you as your dependents.
You will not be able to work for any business other than the business that you represent in the UK.


You can apply to move to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you’re either:

  • Applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer who intends to establish a commercial presence by operating a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business
  • An employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK


To obtain Sole Representative Visa , you must:

  • be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
  • have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
  • hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
  • intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
  • passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening
  • OR
  • having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD

How We Can Help?

Our UK Based Business immigration consultants have experience in assisting all types of companies and partnerships. Whether you are a small business or a large multinational looking to expand into the UK, our consultants are experts in the immigration options available and will guide you through the complex Home Office rules and policies.

Interested to apply? Click here for FREE Assessment.